Students of today, experts of tomorrow: Call for papers on Plasticisers and / or flexible PVC applications
- Are you a university student interested in innovative solutions and the vinyl value chain?
- Do you want to contribute to this ever-evolving industry and meet with experts?
European Plasticisers is launching the third edition of its Call For Papers on plasticisers and/or flexible PVC applications. We invite you to contribute to this ever-evolving industry by sharing your ideas on sustainable innovations and taking the first steps toward becoming one of the leading experts of tomorrow!
If you are interested in plasticisers and vinyl value chain, this is your chance! This project is sponsored by European Plasticisers.
Register by 30 November 2022
Submit your essay by 31 January 2023
ABOUT THE ESSAY
The essay can address one of the following topics:
1) Sustainability: Use of plasticisers for flexible PVC and other plasticised polymer sustainable solutions
2) Research: Innovative plasticiser synthesis and plasticised polymer formulation
3) Innovation: Innovative use of plasticisers in vinyl or other polymer applications
The essays should be no longer than 5 pages, be fully referenced and written in English. Essays can be a summary of broader studies. Students may submit joint papers only upon request.
ABOUT THE SELECTION PANEL
- M. Grass: Director R&D, Evonik Operations GmbH / Vice-Chair of the European Plasticisers Scientific Working Group
- R. Otter: Vice President, Regulatory Affairs at BASF / Chairman of the European Plasticisers Scientific Working Group
- Matthias Pfeiffer Head of Technical Marketing Plasticisers at BASF and Chairman of European Plasticisers
- O. Vandevelde: Technical manager at European Plasticisers
Top two essays: Free participation at the summer school of your choice
Top two essays: Participation to the VinylPlus Sustainability Forum 2023 to be held in Florence, Italy (registration, travel and accommodation covered)
Top 3 essays: Publication of your paper on the European Plasticisers website, social media, and an opportunity to present it to our scientific working group
All the participants will receive VinylPlus and European Plasticisers communication material and a list of references to scientific studies relevant to their discipline. They will also be given visibility on the plasticisers.org website.
- Deadline for registering: 30 November 2022
- Deadline for submitting the essay: 31 January 2023
- Communication of the winning authors: 27 February 2023
ABOUT EUROPEAN PLASTICISERS
European Plasticisers is the Brussels based trade association representing chemical companies producing about 90% of the plasticisers manufactured in Europe. As the voice of the European plasticisers industry, we provide evidence-based information on plasticisers and promote their use and benefits in everyday life, based on robust science. Establishing a dialogue with regulators, scientists and other stakeholders about the challenges and opportunities of our industry and the substances we represent is part of our mission.
European Plasticisers is a sector group of Cefic, the European Chemical Industry Council, which represents the interests of the European chemical industry. We are committed to the sustainable use of plasticisers and are actively involved in VinylPlus, the vinyl industry’s major initiative promoting the sustainability of PVC throughout the value chain.
Check out the winners of the previous edition
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please reach out to Oscar Vandevelde or Michela Mastrantonio.