Call for papers on Plasticisers and / or flexible PVC applications
Hands on vinyl: students of today experts of tomorrow
Are you dealing with plasticisers and/or flexible PVC applications? Do you want to meet with experts from leading chemical companies?
If so, European Plasticisers is launching a call for the best essays on plasticisers and/or flexible PVC applications, and gives you the opportunity to experience a full immersion in the world of plasticisers and PVC. If you are interested in plasticisers and vinyl value chain, then this is your chance!
Register now and submit your essay by 15 March 2020.
ABOUT THE ESSAY
The essay will have to address one or more of the following topics:
- Category 1 - Sustainability: How to improve a sustainable use plasticisers and/or flexible vinyl
- Category 2 - Innovation: Innovative use of plasticisers in vinyl or other polymer applications
- Category 3 - Performance: Performance assessment on the use of virgin or recycled flexible vinyl vs other materials
Note that essays should be no longer than 5 pages, be fully referenced and written in English. Essays can be a summary of broader studies.
ABOUT THE SELECTION PANEL
- O. Vandevelde, Technical manager at European Plasticisers
- R. Otter, Vice President, Regulatory Affairs at BASF and Chairman of the European Plasticisers Scientific Working Group
- N. Sarginson, Product Stewardship and Regulatory Affairs Advisor at ExxonMobil and Chairman of European Plasticisers
- A. Sevenster, Senior Manager Technical and Environmental Affairs at European Council of Vinyl Manufacturers (ECVM)
ABOUT THE AWARD
The best essay for each category will be promoted on the European Plasticisers communication channels (including websites, LinkedIn, Twitter) and throughout the VinylPlus network. The authors of the 10 best essays will have the chance to participate to the PVC 2020 conference - all expenses paid!
Save the date! 20-23 April 2020, Edinburgh
Moreover, the author of the best essay for each category will be invited to participate in the Media Field Trip 2020.
About the Media Field Trip 2020: the annual event organized by European Plasticisers and sponsored by VinylPlus, bringing journalists from European trade magazines to visit PVC resins production plants, PVC converters and recycling facilities in Europe.
About the PVC 2020: the world-leading triennial conference series on PVC, delivering a comprehensive and varied programme of international speakers presenting on the newest technologies, the latest scientific researches, the regulatory challenges as well as the sustainability aspects related to PVC and offering exceptional networking opportunities.
All costs related to the participation in the above-mentioned events will be covered by European Plasticisers.
- Deadline for registering: 15 February 2020
- Deadline for submitting the essay: 15 March 2020
- Communication of the winning authors: 27 March 2020
ABOUT EUROPEAN PLASTICISERS
European Plasticisers is the Brussels based trade association representing chemical companies producing about 85% of the plasticisers manufactured in Europe. As the voice of the European plasticisers industry, we provide evidence-based information on plasticisers and promote their use and benefits in everyday life, based on robust science.
Establishing a dialogue with regulators, scientists and other stakeholders about the challenges and opportunities of our industry and the substances we represent is part of our mission.
European Plasticisers is a sector group of Cefic, the European Chemical Industry Council, which represents the interests of the European chemical industry. We are committed to the sustainable use of plasticisers and are actively involved in VinylPlus, the vinyl industry’s major initiative promoting the sustainability of PVC throughout the value chain.