Call for papers on Plasticisers and / or flexible PVC applications
Hands on vinyl: students of today experts of tomorrow
Are you dealing with plasticisers and/or flexible PVC applications?
Do you want to meet with experts from leading chemical companies?
If so, European Plasticisers is launching the second edition of its call for the best essays on plasticisers and/or flexible PVC applications, and gives you the opportunity to experience a full immersion in the world of plasticisers and PVC. If you are interested in plasticisers and vinyl value chain, this is your chance! This is a project sponsored by VinylPlus, the voluntary commitment to sustainable development of the European PVC industry.
Register by 29 October 2021
Submit your essay by 19 November 2021
ABOUT THE ESSAY
The essay will have to address one or more of the following topics:
- Category 1 - Sustainable Design: Use of flexible PVC for sustainable solutions
- Category 2 - Innovation: Innovative use of plasticisers in vinyl or other polymer applications
- Category 3 – Sustainability Performance: Sustainability performance assessment on the use of virgin or recycled flexible vinyl
The essays should be no longer than 5 pages, be fully referenced and written in English. Essays can be a summary of broader studies. Students may submit joint papers only upon request.
ABOUT THE SELECTION PANEL
- M. Grass: Director R&D, Evonik Operations GmbH / Vice-Chair of the European Plasticisers Scientific Working Group
- R. Otter: Vice President, Regulatory Affairs at BASF / Chairman of the European Plasticisers Scientific Working Group
- N. Sarginson: Product Stewardship and Regulatory Affairs Advisor at ExxonMobil / Chairman of European Plasticisers
- A. Sevenster: Senior Manager Technical and Environmental Affairs at European Council of Vinyl Manufacturers (ECVM)
- O. Vandevelde: Technical manager at European Plasticisers
- A laptop and/or smartphone (worth up to 1,500 euros)
- An opportunity to be interviewed and featured on the social media channels of European Plasticisers and VinylPlus
- A tablet (worth up to 500 euros)
Top 3 essays (also applicable to winner & runner up)
- See their essay published on European Plasticisers’ website and shared within the vinyl value-chain network
- An invitation to present the top 3 essays at a European Plasticisers Scientific working group meeting
All the participants will receive VinylPlus and European Plasticisers communication material and a list of references to scientific studies relevant to their discipline. They will also be given visibility on the plasticisers.org website.
- Deadline for registering: 29 October 2021
- Deadline for submitting the essay: 19 November 2021
- Communication of the winning authors: December 2021
ABOUT EUROPEAN PLASTICISERS
European Plasticisers is the Brussels based trade association representing chemical companies producing about 85% of the plasticisers manufactured in Europe. As the voice of the European plasticisers industry, we provide evidence-based information on plasticisers and promote their use and benefits in everyday life, based on robust science. Establishing a dialogue with regulators, scientists and other stakeholders about the challenges and opportunities of our industry and the substances we represent is part of our mission.
European Plasticisers is a sector group of Cefic, the European Chemical Industry Council, which represents the interests of the European chemical industry. We are committed to the sustainable use of plasticisers and are actively involved in VinylPlus, the vinyl industry’s major initiative promoting the sustainability of PVC throughout the value chain.
VinylPlus® is the voluntary commitment to sustainable development of the European PVC industry, working to improve the sustainability performance of PVC. PVC is one of the most widely used plastics in the world with a wide range of long-life applications such as window frames, pipes, flooring, cables, sport equipment, furniture and a range of lifesaving medical devices. PVC can be recycled multiple times, and VinylPlus works to do just this!
LAST YEAR’S EDITION
FOR MORE INFORMATION